Bridge Leisure: media background information
The following media background information relates to holiday park management specialist Bridge Leisure.
Head office address: Milton Keynes Business Centre, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6GD
Press enquiries, contact: Daniel Johnson PR: www.danieljohnsonpr.com/contact-me/
Included in this document:
- About Bridge Leisure Management
- About Bridge Leisure Parks
- Timeline of key events
- Team details
Bridge Leisure company overview
Bridge Leisure is a holiday park specialist based in Milton Keynes. The company provides professional support for caravan park owners (under the brand of Bridge Leisure Management) and owns and runs holiday parks across the UK (as Bridge Leisure Parks).
In December 2014 the company was named one of the UK’s fastest growing companies in the annual Sunday Times’ Virgin Fast Track 100.
In January 2015 Bridge Leisure completed a management buyout with the support of Phoenix Equity Partners, allowing Bridge Leisure Parks to target further growth through holiday park acquisitions. The first new purchase – of Silver Sands in Moray, Scotland – was completed on the same day
About Bridge Leisure Management
Bridge Leisure Management Ltd (bridgeleisure.com) was formed in 2008 to provide professional management support and consultancy for the caravan holiday park industry. Clients include independent holiday park owners, large operator groups, investors and corporate administrators.
Core activities include:
- Management of caravan holiday parks on behalf of their owners, administrators or other funders
- Consultancy to improve the performance of caravan holiday parks
Bridge Leisure Management employs 7 people at our head office in Milton Keynes and more than 30 at park locations.
Bridge Leisure Management is responsible for the following parks:
- Ashbourne Heights in the Peak District, Derbyshire (www.ashbourne-heights.co.uk)
- Sherwood Hideaway in Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire (www.sherwoodhideaway.com)
- Rosetta Holiday Park in Peebles, Scottish Borders (www.rosettaholidaypark.com)
- Rosneath Castle Park, near Helensburgh, Argyll (www.rosneathcastle.co.uk)
About Bridge Leisure Parks
Bridge Leisure Parks owns and runs four holiday parks in England and Scotland, providing:
- Holidays for customers with touring caravans and tents
- Holidays in ready tents, static caravans and lodges
- Static caravans and lodges to buy
Bridge Leisure Parks employs around 60 full time and around 100 seasonal team members, based at the holiday parks.
Holiday parks owned by Bridge Leisure Parks:
- Trevella Park in Crantock, Cornwall (www.trevella.co.uk)
- Sand le Mere in Withernsea, Yorkshire (sand-le-mere.co.uk)
- Turnberry Holiday Park in Turnberry, Ayrshire (www.turnberryholidaypark.co.uk)
- Silver Sands near Inverness, Moray (www.silver-sands.co.uk)
Timeline of key events
- 19 January 2015: Bridge Leisure completes a management buyout supported by Phoenix Equity Partners. As part of the transaction, Bridge Leisure acquires Silver Sands Holiday Park.
- December 2014: Bridge Leisure named one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses in the annual Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100. Ranked in 26th place.
- November 2014: Bridge Leisure-owned Trevella Park in Cornwall wins a bronze award at the Cornwall Tourism Awards.
- October 2014: Trevella Park receives a David Bellamy Gold Award for environmental standards for the 17th year in succession; Sand le Mere receives a Gold Award for the second time.
- June 2012: Sand le Mere launches a new leisure complex with indoor pool, playground and entertainments lounge following a £5 million investment.
- January 2012: Bridge completes the purchase of Turnberry Holiday Park
- 2010: Bridge Leisure Parks created with the acquisitions of Trevella Park in Cornwall and Sand le Mere in Yorkshire
- 2008: Bridge Leisure Management Ltd formed
Bridge Leisure management team
Andrew Howe, CEO
Andrew has worked in the leisure industry for 17 years, within both independent and plc companies including Talarius PLC, the UK’s largest High Street slot machine operator, and UK caravan park operators Park Resorts. He shaped Sandy Balls Holiday Centre into the UK’s benchmark independent park and developed Park Resort’s lodge strategy. Equally at home on the park or in the boardroom, he expertly bridges the gap between the two.
Richard Hunt, Chairman
Richard has 20 years of board and executive level experience in senior general management roles in the leisure sector, with both private equity-backed businesses and plcs including Swallow Hotel Group, Roadchef, Allied Domecq, Greenalls and Park Resorts. He is an experienced project director who led the management of Pontins out of administration. Richard has held commercial director positions for a number of leisure businesses, including Park Resorts.
Simon Williams, Operations Director
With 20 years’ experience of holiday parks, including at Bourne Leisure’s and Park Resorts’ leading locations, Simon has extensive industry knowledge. He heads the operations of our parks, both owned and managed, and particularly enjoys team development and training, where his track record of inspiring profit and performance is a great asset.
Simon Elliott, Finance Director
Simon started his career and gained his professional qualifications at Ernst & Young before moving into Corporate Finance and then out into industry. His experience spans international and domestic markets, small, medium and large companies, focusing on maximising company value. The previous six of his 20 years in finance have been spent in the consumer, retail and leisure industries for Park Resorts and Roadchef, enabling him to bring sector specific knowledge and insights to his role at Bridge Leisure.
– Ends –
Bridge Leisure targets further holiday park acquisitions following management buy out