Professional Caravan Park Management
We provide full management of caravan parks for owners who want to stay in control but don’t want the aggravation of day to day management. It can be a useful service for investors in the industry, families struggling with succession issues and for anyone who wants to wind down from the operational challenges of running a caravan holiday park.
Our services include managing the park on your behalf, leasing the park from you, and providing support for a successful succession.
In a nutshell; you keep the park and profit, we do the work.
Managing the park on your behalf
If you are a park owner who wants to step back from the day-to-day running of your park, but retain control of capital expenditure, we can manage the park for you.
We’ll agree a financial and qualitative plan at the outset and then work towards achieving your goals, reporting regularly on business performance.
We will take responsibility for services including:
- Holiday Home and lodge sales
- Hire fleet development
- Planning (if required)
- Park and facility development (if required)
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Safety
- IT and documentation
- Marketing & PR
- Staff engagement & management
Leasing your park from you
If you are an investor who wants property assets, a park owner struggling with succession plans or an owner who no longer wants the aggravation of park operations, we can rent your park from you.
You will remain the landowner of the park but we will take responsibility for all other operations including capital expenditure. You benefit from a regular fixed income and retain land ownership, so benefiting from any capital appreciation.
We will agree a full lease of your park in order to carry out the operation of a holiday caravan park for a specified period of time, maintaining the park and business operation to our high standards.
We will be responsible for all park expenditure and income as well as staff engagement and management; you will receive an annual amount, agreed at the outset, in quarterly installments for the lease of your park.
Managing the succession process
Succession is one of the most challenging issues to face any business and yet it is often ignored. Family owned companies find this issue even tougher and the emotional aspects of succession planning have torn apart many successful businesses and happy families.
With relevant experience of these challenges we can provide practical help to manage the succession process and protect the business interests. Our unemotional, commercial involvement can ensure that the interests of the company stay top of the agenda however complex the process may be.
No two businesses are the same and this is an area where each company will require a carefully tailored solution. Our involvement can be anything from some general advice to taking responsibility for the running of the business while a succession plan is agreed and implemented. Key elements of our service could include:
- Clarifying the skills the business needs to develop and thrive.
- Helping to identify internal candidates for succession roles.
- Mentoring and supporting individuals in preparation for more responsibility.
- Supporting individuals in new, more challenging roles.
- Providing an unemotional conduit and balance between opposed parties to succession debates.
- Helping to build a clear strategic vision for the company that all parties agree to work towards irrespective of succession issues.
- Ensuring the business benefits from the best of everyone’s input; old and new.
- Helping to agree a timetable and steps for changes in management with all parties.
- Assuming management responsibility for the business while an appropriate successor is found or trained, or while disputes are settled.
To find out more about our professional management services for caravan holiday parks, call the Bridge Leisure team on 01908 067 900.